Vegetable Gardening: How to Grow Healthy, Fresh Food at Home
This is a step by step course that takes you through the process of creating an edible garden for any size garden: apartment or condominium balconies or patios, small or large backyards, or a plot in a community garden.
The course provides specific strategies for:
- Designing your garden
- Plant selection and installation
- Soil preparation and feritlizer use
- Pest and disease control
- Harvest and storage
- Container gardening
- Raised bed gardens
- Fruit trees and berries
- Organic gardening practices
In addition, supplemental materials are provided:
- Downloadable pdf handouts
- Links to 'how to' videos
- Links to websites supplying additional in depth information.
The approximately 3 hour course consists of 37 lectures each on a specific topic to facilitate ease of finding information.
The lectures are grouped into 8 sections: Introduction, Let's Get Started, Garden Design and Planning, Soil Preparation, Choosing Plants, Planting, Maintenance, and Harvest.
Upon completing the course you will be able to:
- Experience the joy of growing and eating delicious food that you grew yourself.
- Have the knowledge to grow food in a healthy and safe manner.
- Have a productive and bountiful fruit and veggie garden right outside your kitchen door!